Beginning a home group? These steps will make it easy.
Rev. Justin Snider, Associate Minister at Springfield First UMC, offers simple ways to invite people from church to join you.
- Context is key. What works for one church or community, may not work in another place.
- People are longing for meaningful community. Building community allows us to live out our God-given gifts to be the church.
- Begin with prayer. Ask God for direction.
- What relationships do you already have? What groups have you been involved in?
- Decide what type of group you want to lead and facilitate.
- Ask the church for contact info. Then, call, email, or text an invitation or an inquiry about interest.
- Be clear about expectations and be gracious.
- The biggest predictor of success is a motivated leader. A leader who takes it upon themselves to shepherd and nurture a group.
Create a free account at Share Church and search "Leader Training" for videos and guides for leading a group.
Need ideas for what to do? Check out these outlines and study options.